Thursday, June 26, 2008
omg. i was so tired today to wake up for work. 5 hours of sleep. From pm shift to am shift. But time passes fast today.
I got my Nursing officer to access my Intravenous antibiotic today. Through bolus. Was kinda of ok. I got more assessment to be done.
Yesterday was super duper damn the busy can! I was the junior for the team. Alone. ALONE for the first time ever. I was rushing like a mad woman. Gny was the principle nurse for my team.
What a bad timing that the radiotherapist called the ward to send my patient down for treatment. why bad? It was at 0600pm. And usually at that point of time, you got to see whether your patient have finish taking their diet, toilet needs and doing turnings for patients who are unable to mobilise themselves. To describe it in an easier way, bed bound would be the best word.
So, I sent my patient down with the ah mah. She was so nice to accompany me despite of the work loads that she was having. Patient have to be transported via bed so i cant do it myself.
Once I reached, they expect me to stay at the radiotherapy lounge for few minutes. They kept telling me that its finishing but 35 minutes passed. I was screaming in my heart. My brain was like " what about my parameters. patients on hourly monitoring. What about my updating of intake output chart. what about Gny being alone in the team?"I called my ward and Xingli told me that usually for radiotherapy, the nurse need to stay till the patient finish. So I stayed for 45 minutes. By then it finished, its near to 7pm! I can never think of anything but to rush and finish my works.
When I camed back, Gny came to me, jokingly saying that and she is half dead.
And today I am in the same team but I am the principle nurse. Was hectic as ever. Syahidah was my junior and Gny help me out. And we survived also despite of the HECTIC happenings!
Went for a 30 minutes talk after work for the strecher trolley. Damn. I forget the name of the trolley but it is the one they usually use that trolley to transport patient in the ambulance.
overall, I got to buck up on my works and important stuffs like audit, skills and checklist! JIAYOU JIAYOU!
ps: through the days, i know that my dad have always been my strength, For me to move on. :))