Sunday, February 10, 2008
It was a month ago in which I actually went to to the zoo with my dearest family. And only a few days back, we have to bid our farewell to Ah Meng.
So, my trip to the zoo was not a waste. I got to meet her up close near her enclosure. Gosh. She was already old. Truly big. Abit terrifying but she looked sweet and friendly. I never know that it was my last time seeing her. :(

I read today's straits times and for a few minutes, I was emotionally down. A private memorial service will be held today for Ah Meng. I dont know whether you guys realise that she was actually a proud mother of five children and six grandchildren. Wow. She died at the age of 48 years old and from what I read, if they actually calculated it in a human age, its actually 95! Wow!
I read again. They were saying that her youngest son, Satria, 12 years old looked very depressed. And even Chomel, her favourite granddaughter was ignoring the zoo keepers when they were actually calling her. I have seen the family of Ah Meng during my trip but not upclose as they were actually high up on the trees.
Truly an icon to the Singapore Zoological Garden. We have lost her.
We'll miss you Ah Meng: From my dad,mum and sisters. And myself :((

