Yesterday, I decided to volunteer to get the Naso- gastric through my nose to esophagus to my stomach. Mdm Sara said that I can show a real life model to my classmates. Anisah inserted it for me. And only God know how uncomfortable it is to have the tube in the nose and through esophagus and in the stomach. For those who dont have any idea of what NG Tube, it is inserted into patient who have stroke, have difficulty in swallowing or just had operation in their oral cavity. They cant eat through mouth. And, a milk form will be fed by nurses through this tube. Some patients have it on for their whole life time.
I know my friends thought that I was kidding to volunteer to be the model. But, I think that I must try. In order to know the real pain, trauma and feeling of having the tube inserted.. Thanks to my class mates who gave me so much moral support while the tube is inserted. Anisah was trembling while inserting it through my nose and in to my stomach...Hahaha..
When the tube was inserted, tears actually roll down. Its a normal reaction in which because there will be mucous irritation so tears will be atomatically be formed. And after the tube was already inserted, it was really uncomfortable. Really. I promise.
Mdm Sara told me to tell my classmates the experience and the feeling of having the tube in. I said..................
" I think as a young and healhty person, I can still stand the pain. But I cant imagine how the elderlies who are on this tubing felt." I told them that rather than pain, its uncomfortable. Ming Lee was asked by Mdm Sara to take out the tubing. It was faster and lesser pain then inserting it in my nose to my esophagus to my stomach.
Thanks Guys. (my classmates)You guys gave an applause after the procedure..hehe. Thanks Vanessa for wipping my tears.. :)
Ok.. I will be having my tests soon. Biostatics tomorrow. I am glad that my individual presentation is over. My lecturer told me that I pass it. However, there is room for improvement on group project's nursing care plan..
Got to go for now. Hope you guys be happy always. May God bless all of you.. :)